OLD/NEW SKOOL RANT.







You can call me nostalgic, even conservative-wait, don't ever call me conservative. The thing is, WHATEVER HAPPENED to good hip-hop music? What is it with these white girls trying to act like black hoes, not rapping but merely "talking" over almost no beats? This whole Iggy Azalea thing is destroying hip-hop. Ok, it's not the 1990s anymore (oh, crap), but there has to be another way. I'm tired of all the racism and misogyny, of Miley Cyrus "acting like she black" and sticking out her tongue like there's no tomorrow. I mean, women are much more than twerking beings.
In case you agree, you can find above some examples of what really hip-hop is about IMO.
Peace and out.
PS: yes, I'm really East Coast biased. Sorry.
  

Estoy un poco indignada con la deformación que ha sufrido la escena del hip-hop en estos últimos dos, tres años. Soy bastante nostálgica, no me considero conservadora de todas maneras. Ciertamente creo que Iggy Azalea le está haciendo pésimo al género, y ahora tenemos a Miley Cyrus vestida de meretriz basquetbolística HABLANDO sobre unos beats que no tienen ni ritmo. A su vez el asunto está tomando un color medio feo, racista y misógino. Pareciera que las mujeres solamente sirven para mostrar un trasero epiléptico-ah no! se llama twerking.
Si alguien me sigue con este pensamiento, arriba dejo algunos ejemplos de lo que para mí es hip-hop del bueno.
PD: sí, mucho de la Costa Este. No me pude resistir.

4 blah blah blahes:

  1. Miley Cyrus is a disgrace to ALL music, not just hip-hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solcito (ex Soy Recesionista)November 10, 2014 at 9:00 AM

    ahhhh, los beastie boys.... eso sí era buena música!!!!!!!

    besote hermosa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so on point, as an African American girl I feel insulted.

    ReplyDelete

Believe it or not, George isn't home. Please leave a message, after the beep... Believe it or not, I'm not home!

 

Blogroll